Happy Friday everyone! I’m writing this on Thursday and I am so excited for Friday because my best friends are coming home from college this weekend and we are meeting at our high school homecoming game. I haven’t seen them in over a month and I CANNOT wait to see them! It has been way too long, I literally might cry when I see them. I also have a lot of things planned/ that I want to do this weekend, so I’m pretty pumped. On my list is apple picking, outlet shopping, a pedicure (I desperately need one!), a college open house, a job interview, therapy, and other stuff I’m probably forgetting. I love being busy and having things to do though, so I’m looking forward to it all.
I’m joining back in on the Top 3 Friday linkup, started by the amazing Kate! I’ve been missing her posts now that she’s taking a break but I understand and respect her need for a break. It can be hard to have blog posts up sometimes, especially when life gets hectic. Take it from me, I just took a month off because of being busy at school and also the mental battle I was dealing with while there. I’m very glad to be back though because I am reminded of how much I love it. Even if no one actually reads my posts, I love doing it because I love writing out my feelings, like a journal, except mine is online and public. I love the community and being able to interact and comment on other blogs. I hope that I could one day cultivate a close relationship with readers and fellow bloggers like I’ve seen with other people.
Okay, I keep getting side-tracked and prolonging this intro so let me get started on this week’s Top 3’s before I keep rambling.
Top 3 Eats:
- All of my dad’s cooking. I have been loving being home and back to home cooked, good quality, delicious meals! I mean the food at my school wasn’t THAT bad but at the same time, it was bad. I was sooo sick of it after just a couple days so after a month I was really tired of it. You really don’t know what you have until it’s gone. I’m super thankful to be able to have dinner with my family every night and enjoy the food and company. My dad is an amazing cook by the way 😉 I don’t have any pictures of his cooking from this week because the thought hadn’t even occurred to me!
- Along with loving being home is definitely being able to make breakfast and lunch not in a dorm or dining hall. I missed toast!! Nothing is the same made in a dorm room as when made in an actual kitchen, let me tell you! Back on the really good lunch grind and I’m loving it. Here we have a salad with roasted tri-color carrots, cucumber, avocado, deli turkey, and balsamic vinaigrette along with cinnamon raisin Ezekiel toast with mashed avocado on top! OMG WAIT, I can’t even describe how much I missed avocado! I was seriously deprived while at school. Also these roasted carrots are bomb. Just throw them on a pan with some pam and roast them away. Not sure how long or what temperature because my sister makes them but I’m pretty sure that’s all she does. I definitely recommend trying them.
- This dinner in Montauk this past weekend was delicious! We ate at Tauk at trails end and I would recommend if you’re ever in Montauk. They brought out this fresh bread with a huge knife in it and some oil to start which was so fun and cute! Then for my main dish, I ordered a salad that had grilled chicken, pears, beets, craisins, and a lemon dijon vinaigrette. Not pictured was also sweet potato fries which were heavenly! They were crispy on the outside but so smooth and fluffy on the inside ❤(sorry for the low quality pic, bad lighting and I already started eating lol)
Top 3 Lows:
- Feelings of inadequacy, failure, and shame after leaving school.
- As I’m typing this post I am babysitting my favorite little girl and as I was recapping my eats, she threw up all over herself and the floor. Not good. She also peed her pants at the same time. I never had to deal with someone else throwing up so I was freaking out and called my sister for advice. We are all cleaned up, changed, bathed, and better now, which is good. It was not fun having to clean up the floor but, I’m just grateful that she’s okay now and that I didn’t throw up myself at the sight of it.
- My knee was bothering a few days this week 😦 I think it’s because when I was at school I started a 5k training plan and running on the treadmill really bothered it. I rested it and stopped running and now it feels a lot better!
Top 3 Highs:
- Being home and having support. I was so alone at school. Starting to feel happy and like myself again. I was really lost and not like myself. It feels like the dark clouds of my feelings of depression are clearing.
- My trip to Montauk this past weekend! My mom, sister, aunt, and I headed out Saturday for a race on Sunday. My aunt and sister did a half iron man triathalon, which is always so inspiring and amazing to see them race! My mom was supposed to do the race too but she got injured right before I left for school and has a partially torn rotator cuff and was unable to train. I had a good time there, it was so cute there! My mom and I went for a walk and found this state park with a path along the water and it was absolutely beautiful! We also took a great yoga class, visited the lighthouse, cheered on the racers, and ate a delicious lunch.
- I had been meaning to clean out my room all summer but never got around to it. This week, after moving home and having so much stuff from school to unpack and organize, I just went crazy and tore my room apart. I threw out so much crap and junk, donated 5 bags worth of clothes, shoes, and bags, organized my closet and drawers, and cleaned. I’m so proud of how it came out. It looks so clean and neat now and it was much needed. I love getting that feeling of accomplishment after completing a task, especially a big one like this was (it took me 3 days!)
Top 3 Instagrams:
That’s actually me! It was client appreciation day last Thursday at my hair salon and they were having specials all day. I went in and took advantage of the free hair braiding. It came out so cool and she actually didn’t braid it at all, just used a lot of hair ties. It’s called the faux dutch braid. They posted a picture of me on their Instagram and I was so excited when I saw it!
Top 3 Reads:
- Kylie’s post on her history with exercise addiction and how she got over it.
- Yes, just yes to everything about this post from Alyssa.
- It’s so important we take the time to breathe and rest, just like Julia recognized she needed to do.
That’s all for this week in 3’s! I’m seriously so happy to be back blogging but right now, I got to get back to babysitting. We just put on Clifford the Big Red Dog and I think I’m more excited than she is! It was one of my absolute favorites as a kid. Ahh, nostalgia. It’s bringing back so many good times!
I hope you all had a great week and have an amazing weekend! Talk to you guys soon!