Happy Friday everyone! Usually I like to celebrate Friday’s for the kickstart to the weekend but this week, I feel like it has come too quick. It feels like I was just typing up last week’s Top 3 post, yesterday. Friday means I only have one more full day at home after today. I can’t believe the time has come to move in to college. I’m not ready to leave but I am ready to start learning again.
Today I’m joining the lovely Kate, to take part in her Top 3 Friday linkup, to share some highlights of the week!
Top 3 Eats:
- When we went out to eat in Lake George, we went to the only restaurant in the small town. I ordered the “summer salad” with added grilled chicken. It was a spinach salad with strawberries, red onion, roasted walnuts, and balsamic vinaigrette. It was super fresh and super yummy! I can’t resist ordering a salad when there are either A) strawberries or B) grilled vegetables! I also ate some delicious warm bread, because DUH; who doesn’t eat the FREE bread!?! (No picture because it would’ve been weird to whip out my phone when I was with my family and sister’s boyfriend’s family, I didn’t think of it, and was too busy being present with the amazing company around me!)
- This pasta is a favorite in my house! We got the recipe from a cookbook I bought for my dad a couple years ago. It’s pasta tossed with balsamic vinegar, asparagus, peppers, and chicken. I always add parmesan cheese on top of mine too 🙂 Sometimes we use cherry tomatoes or sundried tomatoes also. BUT, I must say this was THE BEST this dish has EVER turned out. I think we owe big props to that amazing balsamic we bought in Italy AND the pasta that we bought in Italy! It was a vegetable pasta and the colors were so bright, unlike the vegetable pasta we usually buy. It was super good and pretty pasta! Win, win, am I right?
- Thursday, I made my very first batch of homemade nut butter, and it was a huge success! I googled how to make your own almond butter and found this recipe. It was super simple! I will definitely make it again some time. It came out so creamy and delicious! I wish I had made more but sadly, we were at the end of our almond bag and only had a little over a cup left. I’m not sure it’s better than my beloved Trader Joe’s almond butter, but definitely a close second!
Top 3 Highs:
- My short lake getaway! It was great seeing my sister and her boyfriend again, as well as meeting his family. I loved lake life, especially in such a small town where I could detach and unplug from technology once again.
- Running into one of my friends from yoga while I was walking through part of my town. I never walk in that area but because of circumstances that I will mention in my lows, I was walking from the farmer’s market back to the hospital. It was so nice to run into a familiar face, especially during a kind of stressful time. We saw each other later at yoga and said to each other it was meant to be that we ran into each other because both of us are never walking in that area!
- I love farmer’s markets as you may be able to tell because I mention them all the time. Well, the one that I usually talk about is only on Thursday’s so I end up waiting all week to go. Well, no more! We found this farm that is open daily with fresh fruit, vegetables, flowers, plants, pumpkins, salads, sandwiches, cheeses, honey, jams, dressings, fun snacks, etc. It was so cute! I only wish I had discovered this place sooner because it was seriously awesome! I also found a similar farm stand on the side of the road in Lake George and had to stop in to get some fresh zucchini for dinner that night! Isn’t it pretty?!
Top 3 Lows:
- My last week at home 😦 Definitely very emotional. A lot of tears shed and emotional breakdowns.
- Thursday morning, my mom and I went to a local lake for a run and walk. I was walking while she ran and we had just started on the path. I started a minuet before my mom so I was ahead of her, just after she passed me, she tripped on uneven surface and went flying. It did’t help that it was slippery out anyway because it had been raining previously and was still drizzling. She crashed down on her arm and hip and was in a lot of pain. To be safe, we headed over to the hospital and spent the morning in the emergency room. Than God, nothing was broken and there was no internal damage. She is very sore and in pain but there was no serious damage. Not exactly what we had planned or ideal.
- Slacking on Instagram, the blog, and commenting on other blogs. I swear I’ve still been reading all of your posts though, I just haven’t been good at keeping up with comments. I’m also making it my mission to be more active on Instagram. It’s a quick and easy way to stay connected and give updates, especially since I know blogging is only going to get crazier and more sporadic once school starts. If you don’t follow me, please do so @pband_chelly to keep up with me and my shenanigans. Ive already gotten better, I posted 3 times yesterday! In comparison to the 0 posts I had been sharing, that’s pretty darn good.
Top 3 Instagrams:
SO HAPPY for both Rachel and Robyn. Such happy times in their lives and I couldn’t be happier for them!
Top 3 Reads:
- Another Liane Moraity book. This weeks addition, Big Little Lies. She can do no wrong. I just love her books!
- Kylies’s “my best body image days”
- 18 Pictures That Will Make You Say, “Literally Me” yup, that is literally me
That’s all for this week. I don’t know when I’ll be back on here next so be sure to follow me on Instagram if you want to stay up to date with me and my life. I want to try and post a college update on here as soon as possible but I will definitely be updating on Instagram. Wish me luck on this transition.