Happy Friday lovelies! I’m currently sitting outside as I begin to type this post, waiting until it’s time to go to yoga. It looks like it might start to rain soon, so hopefully I don’t get poured on while typing this. I don’t really have any plans for this weekend but I’m sure I’ll find things to entertain me. I think I might start college and cruise shopping because I need to do that! I’m linking up with the wonderful Kate, once again to share the highlights from my week.
Top 3 Eats: (I had A LOT of good food this week it’s hard to pick 🙂 )
- Both of the meals I had while in Princeton. I was super happy with my food choices while there! The Margherita flatbread pizza and turkey wrap were so yummy!
- An oatmeal raisin cookie from Starbucks! They have really good cookies and I hadn’t had one in a while. Of course I snapped a pic once I was almost done haha
- I made another acai bowl for breakfast and this one came out better than the last! Don’t be fooled though I had plenty more granola and bananas on the side and OF COURSE a big spoonful of almond butter because I’m obsessed.
Top 3 Lows:
- My sister went hiking without me the other day. Hiking is one of my favorite things and whenever I ask her to go she says no, it’s too hot but whenever her friend asks her she goes, so it made me really upset.
- Having to push the girl I babysit around in her car for 40 minuets in 88 degree humid, heat.
- I tried a PEScience protein powder sample because I had heard so many great things but when I made my shake it came out horrible and I had to dump it. Maybe I put too much ice or maybe it was because the sample was only 1/2 a serving instead of a full but I was disappointed. I want to try my next sample in oatmeal and try it again as a shake but as a full serving. I’ll have to either buy a 7 serving tub or two sample packs.
Top 3 Highs:
- The trip to Princeton this past weekend was definitely a high! I had a great time. The town was so cute and I loved cheering on my family in the race. The good food was icing on the cake.
- I mentioned yesterday that I finally found out who my roommate is, and I was so excited! We got in contact with each other and have been talking all day. I think we will really get along, we seem to be pretty similar. She’s really nice 🙂
- The Gilmore Girls revival trailer was released Wednesday afternoon and it made my day. I CANNOT WAIT. November 25 cannot come soon enough. Plus, that is the day after Thanksgiving so I will be able to watch it at home with my mom and sister after all!
Top 3 Reads:
- The positive affirmation that help me the most by Kylie. I loved this post, they are all sayings I will be repeating to myself when I’m feeling down.
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. This has been my book of the week and I’m really enjoying it. I’m not done yet but will be soon. I find the Holocaust so fascinating.
- Gaining weight is hard by Julia. I’m so happy Julia wrote this. I agree with everything she has to say here. Some people may argue that it’s easy to gain weight but it’s not when your mind is fighting you. It’s hard for ANYONE, especially someone who struggles with an eating disorder to see the number in the scale moving up. It may be hard but it is 100% worth it. “Why miss out on 90% of your life to weigh 10% less?”
Top 3 Instagrams:
Top 3 Random Favorites:
I added another section because I wanted to add some favorites.
- S’well water bottles. I’ve had mine since Christmas and have always loved it but this week it has been especially great. Throughout this heat wave it has kept my water as cold as when I first put it in, even when out in the sun all day. It’s supposed to keep your liquids cold for up to 24 hours and hot for 12!
This is the one I have but they have so many different colors and prints. They come in 17 or 25 oz. I have the 25 and love the size!
2. The oatmeal chocolate chip Quest bar has been a favorite this week. It is really good and if you like Quest bars I definitely recommend it.
3. My sister works at Athleta and won a beach towel at the end of last summer. It’s a really nice towel and I had wanted it when I saw it in the store but didn’t want to spend $80 on a towel. Luckily we got it and didn’t have to pay! But anyway, this towel is amazing and probably worth the money! It soaks up all the water quickly without becoming waterlogged. It also dries super fast. There is nothing worse than sitting on a damp towel all day. Sadly, I don’t know if they sell them anymore but it has definitely been a favorite of mine while at the pool all week.
That’s all for today and this week! I hope you all have an amazing weekend. I’ll talk to you soon