I’m back today to link up with Amanda for another Thinking Out Loud post! This post allows you to hear even more of my rambles, particularly the things that are currently on my brain.
- This weekend my mom, aunt, and sister are doing an Olympic triathlon. They do triathlons every year, they are super fit! It never fails to amaze me, particularly my sister who did a freaking IRONMAN! For those of you who don’t know, it’s a 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike, and 26.2 mile run. All in one day. She’s pretty amazing right?! Anyway, we’re going away for the weekend for their first race of the season and it’s supposed to be 97 degrees that day! That’s gonna be torture for me , a spectator to have to stand and watch in so I can’t even imagine what it will be like for them! I love going to their races though to cheer them on through each leg of the race, so I’m looking forward to Sunday!
- At yoga class earlier today we were working on tripod headstands and different transitions from the pose, for those more advanced. The teacher encouraged one of the girls in the class to try this crazy variation. I was too afraid to try and was like no way I can do that! But, I knew I wanted to give it a try when I got home, in the privacy of my own yoga room lol. At first I couldn’t do it and was like “oh well, I knew it. maybe one day!” Then, i actually just decided to try again and realized I was moving my arms the wrong way and I could do it! Never doubt your abilities guys! It wasn’t easy and it was A LOT of pressure on the neck so I con’t be doing it often, but it’s still cool to throw in for the occasional insta pic 😉
- I just finished reading The Girl on the Train and I enjoyed it! I predicted who it was going to be in the end pretty soon into the book though. Not that it was obvious but I was expecting a twist and am pretty good at predicting endings like that.
- Speaking of predicting endings, when the movie Safe Haven came out, I went with my best friend to see it and about halfway through the movie I predicted the ending to her and was right. She was in such disbelief with me and was convinced I knew, that someone had told me. I had just hung out with my other friends the day before and she knew they saw it already and was set that they must’ve told me. But they didn’t! In all honesty though that one was pretty obvious and predictable.
- I really want to take a weekend trip to California. My brother lives out there so I want to visit him where he lives or go meet him in San Francisco. I LOVE California and only get to see my brother every couple of months now so I think it’s the perfect little getaway. I went to San Francisco a couple summers ago and it was one of the best trips I’ve been on. Me and my sister always say “I left my heart in San Francisco.”Sadly, I don’t think it will happen between other trips, my mom’s work schedule, other people who would want to go not being available, and the fact that it would be so last minute. It probably won’t happen in the upcoming weeks but I know it will eventually!
- One of my sisters (not the triathlon one), is moving up state to Lake George for the summer with her boyfriend to work for his family for the summer. It’s so beautiful up there so, I’m kind of jealous! We will definitely be taking a trip up there to visit for a couple of days, we just need to find a good time for everyone. This is one of the reasons we can’t go to Cali soon because between this, my Europe cruise, and preparing for college, time is getting tight. My mom can only take so much time off. I’m excited to go though, I love going out on a boat on the lake and swimming. It’s so much fun. We’ve actually been going up there for the past 4 years for a triathlon but this year they didn’t want to do that one for two reasons. 1) I move into school around that time and 2) they were tired of it and wanted to do different races.
- Am I the only one who think this whole ‘Kim exposes Taylor’ thing is stupid? Like why is this even getting anyones attention right now? There are real issues right now in the world. I don’t think people taking sides with Kim or Taylor is really that important. Don’t get me wrong, I love Taylor Swift, but I just don’t care about this. People like this with big media influence should be using it to promote good things and positivity and support others rather than tear other people down.
- I mentioned last week how I was excited for the new Quest bar to come out and it was finally released! YAY! I know some people don’t like quest bars, but I like them. I like to have one a couple times a week baked in my toaster oven with lots of peanut butter! I just ordered the new Oatmeal Chocolate Cookie ones today and I can’t wait for them to come! They already shipped, hopefully I’ll be able to try it within the next couple of days. I do wish it was oatmeal raisin though. I LOVE anything oatmeal raisin flavor and would prefer that to oatmeal chocolate chip. I know some people don’t like raisins but personally, I love them! Give me all the raisins!!!
Alright that’s all that’s coming into my mind at the moment. I hope you enjoyed a look into my thoughts! I’ll talk to you guys tomorrow!