Happy Friday everyone! I hope you all had a great week but if not, don’t worry, the weekend is here! You made it. Now, it’s time to relax and enjoy the weekend. Today I’m linking up with Kate for my first Friday Favorites post!
Top 3 Eats:
- A ‘California’ bagel from my favorite bagel shop! My mom surprised me with this Tuesday morning and I was not complaining. I toasted it up and topped half with peanut butter and half with almond butter. The bagel is a whole wheat dough with raisins baked in then covered with sunflower and sesame seeds. My absolute favorite!
2. Ice cream at the beach Tuesday night from my favorite shop! I got my absolute favorite ice cream, the Pillsbury cake mix: vanilla ice cream with chunks of funfetti cake and icing sprinkles. SO GOOD!
3. Thursday my mom and I went into the city to visit my sister at work in Union Square and walk around the stores nearby. We got there right in time for her lunch break (unknowingly! just a good stroke of luck) and went over to Sweetgreens across the street. The line was out the door, but I’ve been wanting to go there for a while and the line seemed to be moving quick, which it did! They were super efficient. I ordered the Strawberry Fields salad with added chicken and took advantage of the bread they offer. We also had some of their iced green tea with a splash of their lemonade. It was a delicious lunch and perfect for a hot day in the city! I really enjoyed this place and will definitely go back, I just wish there was one closer to where I live.
Top 3 Highs
- My mom being off from work this week was a definite high for me! I love spending time and hanging out with her. It’s great having her home during the week to do things with me and keep me busy.
- Going to the beach with my mom, dad, and one of my sisters. Since my mom and sister were off we all took advantage of the great weather and headed down to my grandma’s beach house. It was a great two days with perfect weather! It’s so relaxing and refreshing to be able to escape to the beach, even if just for a short amount of time.
- Getting my new laptop was another standout high for me. I just got this Macbook Pro to take away to college with me and I am so in love. It is to thank for me finally starting this blog!
Top 3 Lows
- This past weekend my parent and I made a decision regarding my recovery treatment plan. We informed my nutritionist and therapist of our plan and my nutritionist did not agree with or fully support the decision. This was disappointing to me but also expected. I know that the decision we made as the right one for me at this time though and once we speak to her in person, she’ll understand.
- This morning while making my beloved protein shake, I spilled almond milk on myself. What makes it a low is that I spilled it on my new pair of shorts that I was wearing into the city. Lucky for me it didn’t stain and the material was good in this situation and I was able to still wear them
- This one is harder for me to share on so I won’t go too into detail but while at the beach house, my sister blatantly stepped on my grandma’s scale right in front of me. She knew I could see nd knows that I’m sensitive to stuff like that, especially since I’ve been having a hard time lately. The number was a low one and it’s hard not to compare myself to her especially when I’m trying to gain weight
- I know it’s only supposed to be 3 but, I had to add one more because I had this whole post all written out, scheduled to upload and everything but the draft didn’t save at all and the page refreshed. The whole post was gone and now I had to redo it right before bed.
Top 3 Instagrams
Top 3 reads:
- I loved hearing about Alyssa’s yoga retreat. I have been wanting to go on one myself for a while now and after hearing her experience, I think I will check out Kripalu for my first one.
- Robyn’s Monday refreshment really spoke to me. It was exactly what I needed to hear at the time.
- I’m so jealous of Julia’s Spain skydiving experience. This is on my bucket list, but for now, I can live with vicariously living through her experience. Also her whole time abroad has seemed absolutely amazing and I’m so happy for her.
Okay, now for the second time tonight that’s my top 3 recap of the week. I hope you enjoyed reading about my favorites from the week. Have a great weekend. I’ll be taking Saturday and Sunday off from blogging but will return Monday with some type of content!