Hey everyone! How’s your week going so far? Mine is going pretty good. I’m finally back to feeling like my usual self after a really rough few days last week. I’m glad to be feeling more like myself again and being able to enjoy everything a lot more. Last week, I felt like I was not fully present and was emotionally and mentally drained.
Anyway, back to todays post! I decided to participate in my first ever Thinking Out Loud post hosted by the lovely Amanda. I like how she does her posts where she just talks briefly about various things on her mind but also like how some people focus their thoughts onto one topic that they discuss more in depth. Today, I’m doing it with scattered thoughts but will definitely be switching it up in future weeks.
Without further ado, let’s get into what’s been on my mind lately.
- What is this whole Pokemon game that everyone is playing? I’m not really a Pokemon person and know nothing about this except that it’s all people talk about on twitter. I even saw it on the news this morning! Some of my friends play it too. Is it almost like a virtual scavenger hunt or something?
- I love protein shakes. My personal favorite protein to use is the Quest brand. I love Quest bars and their protein! My favorite powder is hands down the cookies and cream. I always make it with almond/ cashew milk and it comes out SO THICK, so good. Anyway, today I made my post walk shake but, since I was at the beach for a short trip, didn’t bring any almond milk, thus forced to use water. I don’t know how people do it. It was NOWHERE near as good as when using almond milk or regular milk. I made a vow to myself to never use water again. Seriously, it makes such a difference.
- While on the protein shake topic I should mention that my family and I just recently purchased a new blender and it is AMAZING. It’s the Nutri-Ninga and I HIGHLY recommend. I burnt out two blenders in a matter of 4 days but luckily I had bought this one right before I burnt out the second one. (The first one occurred at my family beach house and the blender actually started smoking! And the second was at home, it had just run its course and died on us, luckily the shake I was in the process of making was just finishing as it died.) This new blender is magical. I thought my shakes came out good before but this blender takes it to a whole new level. The consistency is literally like soft serve. I love having my ‘protein ice cream’ on these hot summer days.
- Back to Quest. Am I the only one who was super jealous after seeing all the Quest Labs members’ posts on Instagram of them trying out the new flavors?! Luckily, the one I wanted to try the most is being released soon! The oatmeal chocolate chip cookie bar is being released to the public July 19 and I am so excited! You better believe I will be hitting up my local Vitamin Shoppe that day to purchase them. Hopefully they don’t sell out before I get there because that always happens when a new product is released from any brand.
- Is anyone else Gilmore Girls obsessed? I’ve watched the series at least 4 times through and it never gets old. Early one of my favorite shows ever. We watch it nightly in my house especially now in preparation for the new mini series coming out in the Fall. October can’t come soon enough for my mom, sister and I. Sadly, we won’t be able to all watch together since I’ll be away at college but maybe we’ll FaceTime during it or something. If not, I know we would not be opposed to rematching it all together at a later date!
- As I mentioned before, I went to the beach for yesterday and today. I just love the beach, and today was absolutely perfect weather. The beach was hot but still had a slight breeze. The ocean was cool and refreshing and not too rough. Another favorite thing is going on a walk on the boardwalk in the morning. I go around 9AM usually, and there’s not too many people out (unless it’s a busy weekend) and it’s so calming. I love seeing the ocean in the morning before many people show up, it’s so peaceful and beautiful with the sun shining over the water in the early morning sky. Last week I even saw dolphins in the water!
- This weekend I’m planning on going to a Coldplay concert with one maybe two of my best friends. I’m so excited! I love their music and we’ve been talking about going to this show since the tour dates were released. We still haven’t bought tickets but hopefully by the time this post goes up, we will have.
- Monday I tried my first acai bowl! I bought the frozen packets from a local health food store and was so excited to finally have one. A couple months ago in California we went to this amazing smoothie place in Malibu and my sister got one there and it was so good! I was going to get one because I had always wanted to try one but fell victim to the amazing smoothies on the menu and the fact that you could create your own, especially knowing she was getting one and I could steal some 😉 Now, I can make them at home and it was super yummy! Perfect breakfast for these hot summer days when I don’t want something warm. Not gonna lie, it cakes out prettier than me but that’s okay, right?! I topped it with the remainder of my banana not blended in, blueberry hemp granola, and almond butter ❤
Alright that’s all I’ll bore you guys with today. I hope you enjoyed my rambles 🙂 Now, I’m going to join my mom and sister on the couch and watch some Gilmore Girls before eating some dessert. Talk to you soon!